Hey wood butchers!
Today I want to show you a few Grizzly woodworking tools that are some of the most common shop tools anywhere. And yes, these things are as tough as a grizzly bear and if they do have a problem, Grizzly stands behind their stuff! That’ll give you a warm, fuzzy feeling!
Grizzly Industrial was formed in 1983 and has grown to be one of the largest industrial equipment manufacturers in world. The company operates show rooms and distribution centers on the west coast and south central U.S.A. as well as locations in China and Taiwan. With almost one million square feet of space in the U.S.A. alone, over 87,000 different parts and over one million parts on hand, Grizzly can get machines and/or repair parts to you FAST.
A few things I am impressed with Grizzly as a company
- Very large warehousing facilities
- Regional support facilities
- Excellent customer support
- Very good product documentation
- Built by an industrial machine company
- Company President is an avid woodworker (That’s first hand quality control right there)
G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw
Although light weight compared to it’s older, solid steel ancestors, this is not your little bench top portable table saw that you carry from job to job. It gets the “hybrid” name from being a cross between a contractor saw and a cabinet saw. This saw is meant to stay in the shop, connected and used on a regular basis. The saw operates on either 110 volts AC or 220 volts AC and comes connected for 220 volts AC. Requires electrical knowledge or a qualified electrician to connect and operate on 110 volts. This saw has a nice, large, ground cast iron table with wings for stability when working with large sheets of material. The table height is just right at 34 inches so it won’t kill your back when using for long periods of time. Cabinet has a very nice looking and durable powder coat finish.
- 2 H.P. -3850 RPM Motor
- 27″ X 40″ precision ground cast iron table
- T-Slot miter gauge
- Cam lock T-Shaped fence with HDPE face
- Easy glide fence system
- Knurled fence adjustment knobs
- Quick release blade guard assembly
- Regular and Dado blade guard
- Serpentine belt system for quiet operation
- 4 inch dust port
- Includes 10 inch, 40 tooth blade
- Remote mounted Start/Stop control with paddle off switch
G0555 14″ Ultimate Band Saw
This band saw sits on a firm, heavy duty powder coated metal stand to provide great stability and durability. Like the G0715P table saw, this saw is meant to stay put and ready for use at any time in your shop. The motor is 1H.P, 110/220 volts AC providing 1500 or 3200 RPM blade speed. The saw features a large precision ground tilting table with rip fence and miter gauge and stands at 43-5/16″ for comfort.
- 1 H.P. – 1500/3500 RPM Motor
- 14″ X 14″ Precision Ground Tilting Table
- Deluxe Aluminum Fence with Magnifying Window
- 13-1/2″ Throat Capacity
- 6″ Cutting Depth
- 1/8″-3/4″ Blade Capacity
- Cast iron frame
- Computer Balanced Cast Aluminum Wheels with Rubber Tires
G0604ZX Jointer with Spiral Cutter Head
The G0604ZX jointer is a leave in place, frequent use tool like the table saw and band saw. Built on a solid, powder coated, metal and mobile stand, this jointer can be moved around the shop easily. Features a 6″ precision ground bed with extended length infeed and outfeed tables. With the 1-1/2 H.P., 4800 RPM spiral cutter head, this jointer will cut fast and clean for perfect joinery every time!
- 1-1/2 H.P. – 4800 RPM motor
- Precision ground cast iron table
- Extra long infeed and outfeed table
- Parallelogram design to keep fence parallel to table
- 6″ X 55-1/2″ table
- 32-1/2″ table height
- 1/8″ max cutting depth
- 1/2″ rabbeting capacity
- Remote mounted start/stop control with paddle off switch
- Fence system with positive stops at 45, 90 and 135 degrees
- Built in mobile base
- 4″ dust port
- Lever control table adjustments
Grizzly has become an industry leader in it’s relatively short existence. They make about any shop machine you can imagine including metal working equipment. The three machines I’ve laid out here are just a few of the basics.
Hope this helps your decision if you are in the market for high quality shop equipment. Let us know what you think of Grizzly by leaving comments below.